Analysis of Proposal 64

Great analysis.

I’m about to start working on the code for proposal 65. Here’s what this future proposal will do:

1. Correct the accrued COMP amounts for the affected users
  2. Remove the grantCompInternal changes to allow all users to be able to withdraw their accrued COMP

A key requirement before we can submit proposal 65 is for proposal 64 to be executed. We need it to be executed so that we can generate a definite list of affected users.

It is my intention to make proposal 65 as simple as possible to minimize the risk of adding additional bugs as well as restoring Compound to its fully working state as soon as possible.

Some members have talked about using merkel proofs as a way to fix the bad accrual amounts for affected users. While this would be a great feature to have, it would probably take a month or two of review and testing to ensure that it works well - far too long in my opinion to get Compound back on track.

So, therefore, it is my intention to use off-chain analysis to generate a list of users and the amounts they accrued incorrectly, and this list will be used in a one-off function to fix the bad accrual amounts. It’ll be up to the community to verify that this list is 100% correct and also to vote on passing it. Tools will be provided so that anyone can verify this list.

Edit:

4 Likes