CGP 2.0 - Delegated Domain Allocation by Questbook

Hi @harsha, thanks for your initiative.

I’m not sure if the window for the applications for the current cycle is still open, however, a couple of questions that might be relevant for future cycles too:

1/ Domain Allocator weekly effort estimate and time commitments:

• What is the basis for the estimate of 15 hours / week? Is it based on the expected volume of grant applications? Is it capped to 15 hours / week?
  • What happens if the volume of applications is much higher than expected, and the Domain Allocator can’t commit more hours?
  • Does the grant team collaborate entirely online, or will there be routine meetings when team members are expected to participate live? This will be a big hurdle for people with other commitments.

2/ Scope of the “Risk Parameters update research” Domain:

The name of the Domain sounds a bit narrow if it’s limited to researching the Risk Parameters. Also, Gauntlet is already deeply involved in that arena, so I’m not sure there’s much to be gained by limiting to Risk Parameters. There would be more value if this domain includes market risk management too. For example, products based on volatility recommend actions after big price movements. However, many quant firms are known to predict volatility upfront (using Machine Learning and technical / trend analysis) and take proactive actions before a volatility spike. Such a product can potentially help Compound carryout on-chain risk mitigation (without a governance vote for parameter changes in a limited range), or put out notifications alerting the community of liquidation risk levels (without necessarily adjusting risk parameters).

So, is the scope of this domain fixed (to Risk Parameters research), or is it more flexible? Expanding the scope would be a lot more interesting and valuable. I would like to know community’s thoughts too on this.

1 Like