DAI Liquidation - Compensation

I see a few misunderstandings of the governance process in this thread, so I thought I’d chime in with some updates.

1. It only takes 100 COMP to create a proposal and gather support; yesterday, @kybx86 created created an Autonomous Proposal to increase the DAI Reserve Factor to 15%, which he indicated is the first step in a process to compensate users. You can delegate votes to 0x5576a4db81a44cb7158fc8d5ae752cb44f57be76 to support this change; if the proposal receives 100k votes, it will enter the formal voting process to upgrade the protocol. This is a tangible example of how changes to the protocol are made by the community.
  2. Gauntlet has proposed upgrading the protocol to be able to distribute COMP; this is a pre-requisite (as discussed in the original post above) to compensating users.

The community is responsible (and capable) of self-organizing; every single user of the protocol is a COMP holder, and has the ability to drive changes to the protocol. Everyone in this thread has received some amount of COMP to participate with. Wheels are in motion – vote, delegate your votes, and find ways to help if you can.

8 Likes