FRAX Listing Proposal

Hey @cylon thanks for sharing your thoughts. I’d love to learn more about the thinking behind your recommendation. What is the best way to do so / reach you?

Hi @josh

We’ve developed an asset listing process at this repository that walks through the process of preparing for an asset listing. The main thing is to provide information requested in the Checklist and then get community validation, have a market analysis from Gauntlet and then perform testing before moving forward.

It looks like you’ve already provided some of the info and gotten simulations and market analysis, so I’d recommend starting by checking what you’re missing from the Checklist. You can reach out to me on Telegram at @cyloncat if you have any questions on this. More on info this process is also described in our April Security Updates

Thank you for the reply and for sharing the checklist. I will run through things on my end and assess where it stands vs. the checklist standards

1 Like

Hey guys-- picking up on this thread with some updates to fill in some pieces of the checklist that might not have been addressed fully before the audit.

Token contract: Frax Finance: FRAX Token | Address 0x853d955acef822db058eb8505911ed77f175b99e | Etherscan

Token Distribution: As a stablecoin integrated deeply throughout DeFi, all of Frax’s top holders are smart contracts. ~700M resides in a curve pool against 3crv and another ~150M resides in the new FraxBP. The rest of the holders with >2% of the supply are FPI-FRAX on Curve, UniV3 FRAX-USDC, UniV2 FXS-FRAX, and the Olympus DAO Treasury.

Permissioned Functionality: The Frax stablecoin has no blacklist, is not pausable, has no external mint perms, etc. The Frax protocol has no ability to change user balances or prevent transactions from happening. The only privileged roles belong to the protocol itself to allow the Frax mint/redeem process and Frax’s signature AMOs. There are no mint permissions outside the protocol. This makes Frax essentially identical to DAI in terms of functionality of the token contract.

Upgadability: The Frax contract has no proxy patterns and the implementation cannot be changed. The only parts of the contract which can be updated are minor parameters regarding the mint/redeem system such as oracles.

2 Likes