Gauntlet <> Compound Renewal

As I have closely followed Gauntlet’s offering during the past year, and interacted with them on several occasions so that their engagement brings more value to the community, here’re my thoughts:

• Gauntlet presents quantitative rigor to most of their analyses. They frame the problem in terms of a math equation, which is quite insightful. Latest example.
  • Having a party dedicated to risk management is very desired for a leading DeFi protocol like Compound, and I believe that Gauntlet has done a good job during the past year.
  • Their dashboard is unintuitive and not friendly for users not well-versed in risk management. My understanding is that they are working aggressively to make improvements. I’m looking forward to the upgrades.
  • My biggest concern has been with respect to the transparency of their models. I urge them to look for ways to explain their models, processes, simulation sequences with inputs & outputs better. Move from the current engagement model that is mostly predicated on “Trust”, towards “Trust, but Verify”.
  • Even so, the “Trust” placed by the community didn’t fail us the past year - the protocol didn’t incur insolvencies despite market volatility.

It’s nice to see that they will provide risk management for Compound III too, and will also have some “skin in the game”.

Based on the above, I would vote “yes” to renew their engagement.

6 Likes