Should Compound Retroactively Airdrop Tokens to Early Users?

Hi,

I have created a spreadsheet containing the raw data (csv) that was generated by @allthecolors. Thanks again, btw! The spreadsheet contains a formula with variables in which the data can EASILY be manipulated to change the amount of COMP that is airdropped to each address (simulated airdrop).

The formula has multiple parts, which allows for a mathematical approach to determining the balance between a social and capital based distribution method:

Variables:

• cZero = amount of COMP distributed to addys who earned 0.00 interest
  • iLowAmt = lower bound interest earned from addy
  • cLowAmt = amount of COMP distributed to addys who earned less than the iLowAmt
  • cReduceCapital = this is the number that divides the square root of the interest earned
  • cAddSocial = excluding the lower bounds interest earned, this is the least amount of COMP each address should receive

Formula:
An Addy with 0.00 interest gets cZero COMP
Addy < iLowAmt interest gets cLowAmt COMP

(Sqrt(interest) / cReduceCapital) + cAddSocial

The spreadsheet:

The spreadsheet contains global airdrop data (left side) including the total amount of COMP distributed in the simulated airdrop, the smallest and largest single address distributions and the amount left over from the proposed 500,000 COMP, which I have labeled as Community COMP airdrop. Which I think should be divided equally and airdropped to everyone who participated on this forum post.

Using this sheet to simulate airdrops:

cZero variable

The cZero variable is included because of the multitude of addresses which interacted with Compound, but without even earning a penny’s worth of interest. This could have been due to several reasons including the possibility of flash loans being tested in the earlier days, hackers trying to find a way to break the protocol, Sybil attack, inside knowledge of a possible airdrop or many other reasons, none of which IMO deserves a substantial amount of COMP to be airdropped to each address. Also, these addresses which earned less interest have a greater chance of being abandoned, unless they are from malicious actors. I would even consider forcing those addresses with $0.00 earned interest to need to perform some type of claim, like signing a message.

iLowAmt and cLowAmt variables

These are other variables used to determine who and how much to airdrop/reward addresses which interacted with Compound in a way that couldn’t be due to flash loans, or other “same block” instances, but also didn’t risk as much capital. Also, would imagine that a greater than average percentage of these addresses are abandoned/lost. So, again, considering a claim function or message signing operation for these addresses may not be a bad idea.

cCapital and cSocial variables

These variables are directly related to capital and social weighting distributions. Instead of using a percentage, I developed a mathematical equation in which can be modified by anyone on our forum to modify for easy and quick simulations of airdrops.

Please send me a request if you would like to manipulate the data within the spreadsheet. Actually, you can just copy it, if you have any problems or questions about how to use the spreadsheet, let me know. I have pre-filled the variables where I believe is a fair distribution model.

@Fishbtc, this is able to provide 2 levels.

@cryptobuddy_1712, lets not let it expire, take a gander.

Really, using the interest earned, is taking the amount of time in consideration. I mean, someone supplying $50,000 for 5 days should earn nearly equally the same interest as a person who supplied $10,000 for 25 days. If time wasn’t already a product of interest earned the person who supplied $50,000 would get 5 times the airdrop right?!?

Just needed to ask @getty if this is helpful?

Also, would be much appreciated to hear feedback from @rleshner, @arr00, @Sirokko, @massnomis, @TylerEther and @alive. Thank you!

5 Likes