Should Compound Retroactively Airdrop Tokens to Early Users?

Hi dear, it’s been near 5 months and we did not get any news from you and your promise to come back to usd with your “more clear & well-defined thoughts on our ideas soon” on your vote.

These universities appeared with 50k delegated votes… voted against an allocation to early users, promised to come back with their thought, and disapeared, it really look like they were a proxy vote not to tarnish the real voters who delegated their vote to them, aka top 3 VCS ?

1 Like

We were planning to suggest implementing a reward mechanism to significant users/contributors via a CGP-like program, but without further ops/legal support in implementing such a program, it’ll be difficult to do so. Happy to share more ideas here on this - but there’s a large need for a CGP program & working groups that are determining how much contributors should be getting rewarded on a continuous basis and I believe that until a broader conversation on that is developed, any airdrop mechanism will not yield the benefit to the protocol that we’re looking for.

I think @tgmed has some great ideas on this front, and would love to jam on them to figure out steps forward. I want to push forward a proposal on this over the next few months especially with Compound III coming to fruition!

2 Likes

Actually everything is fine. Working groups, plans, contributors, “we need to work”, bla,bla… Some of us who start using Compound 2019 know that empty story because we listen that to long. After 3 years of using this protocol I collect almost 2 comp tokens, and that’s sufficient for 1-2 vote events.
Compound is the first and biggest fraud in this space

Now that you say scam. You could easily say that Compound falsely, inadvertently advertised being able to actually be rewarded more COMP than the borrow APR on the protocol’s native token.

Also, you could go further and say that the market cap of COMP was set in that fashion only to allow a few entities to reap the rewards of earning COMP by simply borrowing the asset. The cap made it IMPOSSIBLE for any other user to be able to borrow COMP while making it a very lucrative way to “pre-mine” a DeFi governance token.

I feel cheated. Would be well worth the effort to see if any of the addresses that borrowed COMP have ANY affiliation with the addresses associated with VC firms, Founders, developers or any other person with an involvement with creating the COMP market as it was.

2 Likes