COMP Reward Adjustments v2

Sorry for being late to the discussion, but I believe there is a lot to unpack here. Let me start by saying thank you to Tyler and the team for working on these proposals and trying to move the community forward. I generally try to stay to the side-lines on these types of conversations, but I think there are some aspects worth clarifying for this proposal.

First, Proposal 092 was executed less than a month ago. There simply has not been enough time for community members to analyze the effects of that proposal, and thus I believe it is too soon to make another significant change like this to the Protocol. For a proposal of this magnitude, I would expect significant analysis on the effects of that proposal, on the market health, etc. I see many thoughts on the genesis for making this change, but little on the analysis of the change, or a clear action plan on the future replacement.

To follow up on that, there is insufficient conversations from the community on this greater plan (discussed originally in this thread and now here). We should spend more effort bringing in a larger set of voices from the community (e.g. suppliers, borrowers, liquidators), and not mistake a limited response for tacit agreement. This forum post, and its precessor, have garnered less conversation than many less signficant proposals. I do not believe that the community has been given sufficient time to grasp the change and contribute to the conversation. As far as I can tell, there is no reason to push this change now, as opposed to after more time with more people contributing their own thoughts and ideas.

Finally, there are a lot of thoughts here that address fundamental questions for the existence of COMP and the distribution. From my personal view, I want to be very clear: decentralization of the Protocol has been, and should continue to be, the primary target of governance. I can understand the arguments raised by Tyler in the beginning of this conversation, but I do not see a concrete plan to achieve similar means of decentralization. Thus, until a future plan is hashed out and built, this proposal may actively work against continued decentralization. We should take more time to discuss and review these concepts, and I would suggest we table this proposal until after those conversations occur.

14 Likes