Whitelist of addresses that can create proposals

Are we thinking a change on the contract itself to whitelist addresses? And while I’m sure everyone that would be whitelisted is trustworthy, would adding this on the contract require some sort of security assumptions about the whitelisted addresses?

What if we just rebuilt the Autonomous Proposal contract to be a single contract (not a factory) that accepts proposals from only a whitelisted group of individuals, but then the larger comp community can delegate their voting power to this contract.

Governance would be responsible for adding or removing whitelisted addresses, but the community would still be responsible for delegating their voting power to the contract itself. This way if the community were to lose faith in the white listed individuals, it would be easy enough to remove delegation power.

I get that rounding up the delegated votes is tricky, but I think folks would be up for doing it once to a single contract, and I like the social dynamic more than making a chance on the governance contracts themselves.

2 Likes