This proposal seeks to add the 1inch Network token (1INCH) as a collateral asset to Compound.
1inch is a network of decentralized protocols designed to provide the fastest and most efficient operations in the DeFi space. The 1inch Network was launched in May 2019 with the release of its Aggregation Protocol v1. The 1inch Aggregation Protocol is both the oldest and most trusted DEX aggregator in the DeFi space.
In addition to the benefits discussed below, adding a 1INCH market will enable efficient arbitrage between the existing Aave 1INCH market.
The 1inch Network was founded by Sergej Kunz and Anton Bukov over the course of the ETHGlobal New York hackathon in May 2019 with the release of its Aggregation Protocol V1. Since then, 1inch Network has developed additional DeFi tools:
1inch Aggregation Protocol v4: The 1inch API v4, Pathfinder, is a cutting-edge discovery and routing algorithm, which offers asset exchanges at the best rates on the market. Pathfinder finds the most efficient paths for a token swap, able to split between different protocols and even different market depths within one protocol in the shortest possible time. The 1inch Aggregation protocol consistently has over 60% of the total aggregator volume.
- Total trading volume: $206B
- Total swaps: 7.13M
- Total users: 1.48M
- 1inch Liquidity Protocol: 1inch Liquidity protocol (previously called Mooniswap) is an AMM that aims to offer capital-efficient liquidity positions while protecting users from front-running.
- 1inch Limit Order Protocol: 1inch limit order protocol is a set of smart contracts that allows users to place limit orders, and RFQ Orders, which later can be filled on-chain. Both types of orders are a data structure created off-chain and signed according to EIP-712. Key features of the protocol are extreme flexibility and high gas efficiency.
- P2P Transactions: 1inch Peer-to-Peer allows two users to make an over-the-counter style trade of any ERC20 token.
- 1inch Mobile Wallet: The 1inch Mobile Wallet is a fast and secure crypto wallet with a built-in DEX aggregator and an easy interface for secure storage and transactions.
- Supported Networks: 1inch protocols are deployed on the following EVM networks: Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Arbitrum, Optimism, Gnosis chain, Avalanche, Aurora, Klaytn, and Fantom.
In December of 2021, 1inch Labs completed a $175M funding round for 1inch Network Pro development. This was done via a direct token sale to accredited and institutional investors.
Jordan Reindl (RoundElephant) is a core contributor at 1inch Network and is focused on governance.
1inch Network is a decentralized set of protocols that aim to improve the efficiency of the DeFi space. 1INCH is the governance token of 1inch Network.
1INCH is currently used as a governance and utility tool for the 1inch Network. Since November 2021, all revenue collected from the 1inch Aggregation protocol is sent to the 1inch DAO Treasury. The 1inch DAO has full control over the treasury and the 1INCH token is used to govern the decisions made by the DAO.
- 1INCH governs the largest aggregation protocol in the EVM space.
- 1INCH is highly liquid in the spot market and has perpetual markets on Binance, FTX, and a decentralized perpetuals market on dYdX.
- A $350k ETH to 1INCH swap has less than 1% price impact using the 1inch aggregator
- 1INCH is already listed as collateral on a decentralized lending market, so risk will not be centralized in one platform.
- 1INCH is listed on several perpetual markets (both centralized and decentralized)
- 1INCH has a wide set of token holders ranging from early adopters, who were airdropped the token for free back in December 2020, to accredited and institutional investors, who bought the token in the subsequent funding rounds.
- This listing will serve to further strengthen the relationship between the protocols and their communities.
- Exchanges: CoinGecko | CoinMarketCap
- Market Cap: $352M
- 24h Volume $46M
A comprehensive list of 1inch Network smart contract audits can be seen here.
Though the price of 1INCH is similar to what it was when the Gauntlet risk assessment was performed, we propose slightly more conservative risk factors:
- Collateral Factor: 0.40
- Reserve Factor: 0.25