COMP Distribution Speeds

I think it’s important that these rates be set dynamically rather than every other day by governance post. It’s important to have a dedicated team attack this issue from an economic and financial perspective, like how will this affect borrowing on other markets?

According to this study, compound is the first mover in rates and people will move their money if dissatisfied.

Academic research needs to be cited, evaluated and it can’t be done just by analyzing recuring borrows from comp folding. The RFR shouldn’t be seen as the level where you can borrow for free, rather taken from the bitcoin futures bonding curve. I love the fact this was proposed on a Friday afternoon with 2 days to vote, but an economic study this size needs to be of a higher and more DYNAMIC calliber. This is too big of a decision to have governance do on fridays, where decisions are set it strobe until anouther governance proposal comes through. I wish this could be postponed until a more effective and decentralized economic model is passed through the community, where contributors are comp users and everyday people, not bagholders who can quickly pass a governance prop on a Friday afternoon.

2 Likes