Compound Finance COMP rewards

This topic is okay. I like 2, 3 (if there is any way to make it non-gameable), 5 is the same as 3 basically and I do like the Airdrop idea if it can be done in a way where users can only claim it if they continue to use the protocol & we have it to where zero COMP will be essentially burned due to non-accessible accounts.

With that said, I’m with @massnomis for turning this protocol into a business (or at least a self-sustaining protocol that will always have a COMP balance in which can be used for stuff, like for paying @getty and @allthecolors). Just think, if Compound runs out of COMP, what does this forum look like?

I see there being an unlimited (sort of) supply of COMP that can help with distributing the COMP rewards to suppliers/borrowers. The COMP earning rewards on the borrow side of the COMP market could actually be used as a stream of income for continuing rewarding Compound users.

Everyone’s first take at this market (me included) see the borrow cap or the distribution of COMP rewards as something we need to stop immediately. However, looking at it from a POV where it was Compound Governance in control of the Borrowed COMP, it kind of makes sense as a revenue stream.

I say that Compound should depreciate the current COMP market and create a new one where our community adjusts the amount of COMP borrowed to maximize COMP rewards / incentivize COMP suppliers. This could be a non-collateralized debt position which would be secured by the Compound Treasury. Not only could this keep the COMP rewards going longer (forever), but also could implement something like a quarterly vote to where the community chooses a proposal to back with the borrowed COMP.

1 Like