Compound Risk Dashboard by Gauntlet Launched

@shaan and Gauntlet team, congrats on launching this!

Here’s some initial feedback (some of which I shared during the User Study). I recognize that this is your first iteration, and that you will keep making improvements, so these are just high-level observations. Personally, I would consider the Risk Dashboard a success if a routine user, not well-versed in risk-management, can intuitively develop a “feel” for these metrics. So, my feedback is generally geared towards that.

1. Dashboard “Gauntlet Top Recommendations” section: Your recommendation is to increase the Collateral Factor for every asset therein listed. However, in the next section, Value At Risk (which I believe is at the overall System level) is shown to decrease. This is completely counterintuitive. I think there needs to be a good write-up (or links to documents) that explain this fully and intuitively. Also, if your recommendations aren’t causing the VAR to decrease, then what factors are causing the decrease?

2. Clicking through to asset-level page: Taking DAI as an example, Gauntlet isn’t recommending any changes to the Collateral Factor, Reserve Factor and Borrow Cap. Yet, there’s a change shown to occur to topline measures VAR and BU due to Gauntlet recommendations. This needs to be explained too.

3. Terminology cleanup: There’s usage of Aave terminology, including the words “LTV” and “Aave” (in help popup). Also, the word “throughput” isn’t explained anywhere including in the “Market Risk Assessment” document.

2 Likes