Use Sablier for Compound’s token streaming payments, instead of the current solution Compound relies on.
Sablier is a protocol for real-time finance available on Ethereum, Polygon and Binance Smart Chain (BSC) which enables the creation of money streams. Similar to streaming a movie on Netflix or a song on Spotify, Sablier lets you stream money in real-time.
Sablier is entirely free to use, has no token and is a proven solution with (at the time of writing this) a TVL of $1.3B+ according to Etherscan (1, 2). The protocol was created back in 2019 and quickly received support from both MakerDAO. Sablier’s money-streaming solution is used by teams like Shapeshift, mStable, Tornado.cash, Abracadabra.money, dHedge DAO and more for token-vesting and/or payroll.
Streaming on Sablier can be done by either manually interacting with our contracts, using our interface or through our Gnosis Safe plugin, making it a great fit for every use case. The Compound timelock can initiate a new payment stream through a proposal by directly interacting with the contracts.
Compound’s current token-vesting solution essentially relies on an endless COMP stream which can only be ended by a Compound governance proposal, and the streaming solution itself is largely undocumented. Additionally, the current COMP streams are based on block number rather than timestamp. This makes it less than ideal for the long-term. Sablier enables term based payment streams that pay linearly with time and are cancelable before the end of term by payee or payer.
- Links: Website - Github - Discord - Blog - Twitter
- Contract (code is verified and open-source): 0xcd18eaa163733da39c232722cbc4e8940b1d8888
- Audit: Quantstamp (Sablier has been around since 2019 with 0 hacks)
- Control: Sablier is completely decentralized (admin keys have been burned)
- TVL: $1.3B+ according to Etherscan (1, 2) as of November 20, 2021
- Fees: zero fees (except the gas fees of course)