Oracle Infrastructure: Chainlink Proposal

Thank you, Johann, and the Chainlink team for publishing the contracts on Kovan for the community to review.

The Compound community needs to decide what to do with the admin key for each price feed. We have four options:

1. We could set the admin to the burn address. This means we wouldn’t be able to update the contracts in any way. If we wanted to change something, it would require launching a new contract and using governance to remove the old market and add the new one.
  2. We could set the admin key to the regular Compound governance key. This would allow the community to update the contract if needed. Any change the community might want to implement would take the full length of a regular governance proposal.
  3. We could set the admin to the Compound Community Multisig that is currently used for borrow caps. If something arose and we needed to act fast, this would be much faster than the normal governance process.
  4. We could use the existing Chainlink multisig, and that exists in the current Chainlink markets.

Personally, I think using the Compound Community Multisig that is currently being used for borrow caps is a good middle solution. I haven’t brought this up with the multsig holders, so we would need to confirm they are okay with that responsibility. Otherwise, I think we should set it to the Compound governance key.

Admin Key Vote
  • Burn address
  • Compound Governance
  • Compound Community Mutlisig
  • Chainlink Multisig

0 voters

6 Likes