Risk Parameter Update - February 2021

I think rasing CF for DAI and USDC isn’t going to be justifiable any time soon. Assets in Compound growing at rocket ship speed, increasing risk more in that conditions kind of so-so idea.

As for reserves, that makes sense, as reserves are kind of at a low side relatively to value of assets locked. I’d say raising USDC reserve factor from current 7.5% to 10% Makes sense. USDT kind of lesser market, zero CF, it could be left as it is.

I m not convinced DAI reserve factor should be increased further for now. As well as in general, i’m not convinced that we should adjust that parameters every couple months either.

That being said, while increasing reserve factor makes sense for USDC market, due to it’s size and current low reserves, for other stables it’s probably fine, but open for discussions. I initially was for setting higher reserve factor for Dai than it currently is, but it was decided to go with 15%. Should it be put at 20% just couple of months down the road later, not sure.

Thinking about it, may be it makes sense to create a sort of policy on reserve factors and maybe CF as well, to be reviewed let’s say every quarter. 3 month long enough period for data collection, and some sort of schedule will help with predictability of adjustments.

2 Likes

Thanks @jmo , I’ve linked the article I did write above on how I would think about collateralisation and yes, it would be great to get your feedback on that.

1 Like