Assessing Compound's governance

Hi folks,

Josh here, governance researcher @ Oxford / Metagov. I’m working with Kevin Werbach (UPenn), Primavera de Filippi (Harvard/CNRS), and Gina Pieters (UChicago) on an industry-wide survey of blockchain governance, and we’d like to invite Compound to participate. Since Compound is collectively-governed, we’d love to see a wiki-style response from the community itself! I’ve created a stub response in this Google doc. Please help us fill it out—it could be as simple as dropping a few links or summarizing a few key governance posts from this forum!

Participating in the assessment will help the community better understand Compound’s governance and how it compares with other major blockchain projects (especially important because a lot of other blockchains have forked Compound’s governance), and help make governance better and more transparent for the entire ecosystem. All data and analysis will be made public at the end of the assessment period.

If you’d like to see what a completed assessment looks like, you can see a bunch of examples here from projects like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Uniswap, Tezos, etc.

Feel free to hit me with questions or to use this thread for discussions. The community response will be finalized on Aug. 31.

Cheers,
Josh

Alternately, if anyone knows a specific community member or related person that we can reach out to about Compound’s governance, please let us know!