COMP Reward Adjustments v2

Thank you @hayesgm and @allthecolors for sharing your views.

Geoffrey has highlighted a larger issue - it’s very challenging to get input from the various groups of stakeholders, and this has a big impact on decision-making and execution. @getty has been my biggest resource in planning this set of proposals as well as other proposals. Some Discord channels specifically for each stakeholder group would be a great first step at tackling this issue.

I agree that there should be more focus on decentralization of the protocol. So far, most tokens have gone to LPs with a few very large accounts with recursive positions harvesting and selling their rewards, which doesn’t exactly lead to a higher level of decentralization. We must not let the reservoir dwindle while we come up with new decentralized distribution plans.

We need to put the tokens in the hands of people who provide value to the protocol, those who’ll hold the token, and those who’ll participate in governance. Rewards for community members, for those who add to discussion, rewards for those providing help to new users, rewards for data analysis, rewards for innovative ideas, rewards for development, rewards for business development, etc.

The community has been neglected as far as rewards go, and we lost some good people after the temperature check for retroactive COMP distributions was shut down. I cannot stress enough how important a community is in the longetivity of any project. This is one area I think we should focus on.

As for the effect of this proposal will have on the markets, we do have Block Analitica’s impact analysis. I’d be surprised if market utilizations or interest rates change significantly.

4 Likes