Compound Finance Community Calls

Every other Wednesday at 9:30 am PT there is a Compound Finance developer call in the Discord chat. That call is typically focused on development talk and not much else. A few days ago, the Blockchain at Berkeley club tweeted that Compound Finance should have a goverance/community call on Clubhouse.

I think it is a great idea to have a space to talk about Compound and governance regularly and try to grow the community further.

I propose hosting a biweekly Clubhouse call on the weeks there are not development calls. We all have a busy schedule, so I have posted a poll below to figure out what day works for most people. Once we pick a day (the poll lasts 1 week), Iā€™ll add a new poll to pick a time. I think the best time would be Wednesday late-afternoon PT, so people associate Wednesday with Compound Finance and the evening so people who canā€™t participate in the morning development call have an opportunity to participate.

Please vote for the days that work for you. Multiple votes are encouraged.

Which day should we have the Clubhouse call?
  • Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

0 voters

6 Likes

Why clubhouse? couldnā€™t we just do it in the compound-live channel?

4 Likes

Iā€™m an Android user so I canā€™t participatešŸ˜¢.

Iā€™d like you to use the Discord audio streaming channel :exclamation:

2 Likes

Hosting it on Clubhouse will help with the discoverability factor, as it notifies people when new events are occurring (whether it be for people or genres you follow) via push notifications. Iā€™ve stumbled upon many cool talks I would have otherwise not found because of this.

It is becoming the go-to platform for freeform conversation in the crypto world, and hosting at least some of our discussions their will certainly attract more eyes and eclectic conversation (TBD whether this will be good or bad).

So, yeah I think this is a good idea to at least test outā€¦if it is unproductive then we can always just revert back to what we are doing now!

the main drawback is that like @tatsuzou12 said - Android users will not be able to join. Hopefully this is worked out soon.

5 Likes

Thanks @getty, I think itā€™s a great call - especially if the focus is on casual / educational aspects of governance as well as ā€œactivatingā€ non-voting COMP holders in an organic (and cost-effective) manner. Also would want to be conscious of relaying any key points or follow-ups from the discussion to this forum, since we should avoid over-fragmenting the governance layer when possible.

Happy to help ā€œhostā€ the room from the #DEFI channel if others arenā€™t able to do so - thatā€™ll add an extra layer of notifications / discoverability for the channelā€™s 15k followers.

8 Likes

The community has chosen Wednesday. I recommend 6:00 pm PT because it is after most peopleā€™s working hours and generally far enough from the 9:30 am PT developer call that people should be able to attend at least one. Pick which times work for you. The poll will close Sunday night.

Wednesday Pacific Time
  • 5:00:00
  • 6:00:00
  • 7:00:00
  • 8:00:00
  • 9:00:00
  • 10:00:00
  • 11:00:00
  • 12:00:00
  • 13:00:00
  • 14:00:00
  • 15:00:00
  • 16:00:00
  • 17:00:00
  • 18:00:00
  • 19:00:00
  • 20:00:00
  • 21:00:00
  • 22:00:00
  • 23:00:00
  • 24:00:00

0 voters

PS: the poll can only have 20 options, so I removed the 4 most unideal imo.

1 Like

@TennisBowling @tatsuzou12, I think Clubhouse is ideal for the points @MasterofNonce made. I know that Clubhouse is coming to Andriod soon and I look forward to seeing you and other Andriod users online.

@franklin-pantera, neat idea. Send me a DM pls

2 Likes

If anyone needs a CH invites they can DM me on Discord or Twitter

The first Compound Finance community call will be this Wednesday at 6 PM PST on Clubhouse in the DeFi room (thank you, @franklin-pantera). Compound Finance : Community Call - Clubhouse

While these calls will be less formal than the developer calls, we will still have the goal of discussing active forum posts, governance ideas, and ongoing development.

2 Likes

3/3 6 PM PST Comomunity Call Agenda:

• Proposal 39: raise ZRX & BAT CF, lower WBTC CF.

• Compound Grants Program (CGP)

• Oracle Infrastructure: Chainlink Proposal & Medianizer

• Governor Bravo Development

• Gateway

• Open Q&A

Join: Compound Finance : Community Call - Clubhouse

2 Likes