Awesome Compound

Hello everyone,

This is Tolga and I am developing Awesome Compound.

The Compound ecosystem has grown tremendously over time, yet it lacks a centralized platform for showcasing the projects developed on it. Existing resources are scattered across different websites, making it challenging for project owners to keep their information up-to-date. To tackle this problem, I have created a new platform called “Awesome Compound.” This platform acts as a social hub for all Compound-based projects, providing a centralized location for project owners to showcase their work and manage their information. Through Awesome Compound, project owners have complete control over how their project is presented on the platform and can engage with a community of peers who share similar interests.

You can have a fast look on mvp version here: MVP

Impact

Increased visibility for Compound projects: By providing a centralized platform for showcasing projects built on Compound, Awesome Compound could help raise awareness of these projects among a wider audience, potentially leading to more users and greater adoption.

Improved project owner engagement: By giving project owners the ability to update their own information and interact with others on the platform, Awesome Compound could help foster a sense of community among Compound project owners and encourage collaboration and knowledge-sharing.

Better information access: With a centralized location for resources and information about Compound projects, users and developers could more easily discover and learn about new projects, contributing to greater innovation and growth in the ecosystem.

Increased accountability: With project owners able to take control of their project’s representation on the platform, there could be greater transparency and accountability in the Compound ecosystem as a whole.

Milestones

Awesome Compound includes one milestone with three key deliverables, and upon completion of the development process, it will be maintained for a period of 12 months.

• UI Development (2 Weeks)
    • Home Page: Visually appealing and user-friendly homepage which includes latest articles, popular categories and many more
    • Projects Page: Showcase page with detailed filtering and search infrastructure
    • Project Detail Page: Project details page to display detailed information about project with several modules
    • Articles Page: Articles page to showcase informative articles related to the subject
    • Article Detail Page: Detail page for individual articles to display their full content
    • Ranking Page: Ranking page based on votes and token stats which is supported by CoinGecko api to showcase popular projects and articles
    • Learn Page: Useful resources to learn about Compound ecosystem
  • Project Owner Dashboard (2 Weeks)
    • As part of this milestone, I will be implementing both the frontend and backend components of the Project Owner Dashboard. This involves designing and developing the user interface (UI) for the dashboard, as well as building the necessary backend infrastructure to support its functionality. Users will be able to log in to the platform using their Web3 wallet.
      • Main Page: Homepage that displays statistics about the project
      • Project Page: Management page for project detail page with 6 modules like description, token stats and so on
      • Articles Page: A page that has give ability to update or write articles with built-in editor
      • Profile Page: Displays to core areas about project and gives ability to update
  • Admin Dashboard(2 Weeks)
    • As part of this milestone, I will be implementing both the frontend and backend components of the Admin Dashboard. This involves designing and developing the user interface (UI) for the dashboard, as well as building the necessary backend infrastructure to support its functionality. Users will be able to log in to the platform using their Web3 wallet.
      • Main Page: Homepage that displays statistics about the Awesome Compound
      • Projects Page: A page which gives rights to admins approve, reject or change status of projects
      • Roles Page: This page will provide the ability to update project owner and admin roles.

Roadmap

• I will publish a forum post on comp.xyz that will introduce Awesome Compound and solicit feedback from the community
    • I will gather feature requests through a dedicated webpage
    • After reviewing the feedback and votes, I will determine which new features to prioritize
    • In addition to the forum, I will also collect feedback through social media channels such as Discord and Twitter
  • I will establish contact with at least 30 project owners who are building on Compound and add their projects to the Awesome Compound
  • I will manage the @awesomecompound Twitter account and keep the followers of the Awesome Compound community updated on the latest projects added to the platform.
    • Monthly threads will be created to share developments with the community.
  • I will seek to establish partnerships with DAOs and domain allocators in order to make our platform more sustainable.
  • I will collect analytics on user engagement to inform further improvements.

I would like to take your feedbacks about milestones that I mentioned above and feature requests on Awesome Compound, this is a mvp version and future releases will come with new features.

Thanks

7 Likes

Sounds great. I would recommend you apply for a grant at questbook @harsha

2 Likes

Awesome! Nearly every protocol/platform has project showcase platforms to show its ecosystem. Compound needed just that, thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

Saw your post in Compound Discord and joined forum to say that the MVP looks great but the logo can be improved - you can be more creative at least :slight_smile:

Really liked the responsiveness, and the roadmap. A good pass from me.

1 Like

Hey Tolga!
I really think that this project is beneficial to the Compound ecosystem.
This is also a good pass from me.

Excited to see the post-mvp product!

1 Like

Would love to see this as part of Dev Tooling Compound Grants here

Madhavan here, domain allocator for the Dev Tooling Compound Grants :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, Awesome Compound is finished and waiting for you to test!

Awesome Compound is a platform where you can share details about your project, share articles and discover projects all in one place.

Please review the MVP and fill the application form to fully experience platform.

Application Link: Awesome Compound - Application
Demo Link: https://dev.awesomecompound.org/
Docs: Getting Started | Awesome Compound

P.S: This is not final version, after user tests Awesome Compound will be live with some optimizations, for this test application some images may not be shown and there can be small performance issues, final release will solve that issues.

Excitedly waiting for your feedbacks before going to live!