Trying to understand recent issues with $COMP conversions and disabling collateral

I’ve had two issues in the last week with $COMP that make me very skeptical going forward. I understand that it’s most likely user error, but I thought maybe I’d post a thread here to see if anyone else had experienced something similar.

First, a little back story. I would consider myself a novice crypto user/investor. I began buying on coinbase a couple years ago and became interested in $COMP through the platform. I purchased some $COMP and connected my coinbase wallet. I dabbled with Supplying COMP, BAT and ETH on the platform. Admittedly, I didn’t have a full grasp on how the platform worked but I was learning and the amounts were in my comfort zone. I was in COMP around $100 but as it gained value I was looking to take some off the table. This is when I ran into problems.

Several times over the past year I attempted to disable my $CCOMP and convert back to $COMP so that I could convert to ETH. Each time the fees were way too high or the system would time out when I tried to disable. Finally last week I decided to go ahead and convert the $CCOMP to $COMP on Uniswap. This is when I either got hacked or simply screwed up somehow during the conversion. This is the ehterscan transaction where I attempted the conversion, and all of my $COMP disappeared.

Sucks. I’m mot too worried about the funds, but I’d love some help understanding exactly what happened and how I can avoid it in the future.

As a result, I have a bad taste in my mouth about $COMP and I had decided just to liquidate the other tokens I had on the platform and move on with my crypto investing elsewhere. This is when I ran into issues with disabling my other coins on the platform. Each time I try to disable a given coin, in one case I attempted to disable $CBAT and I continue to get stuck on this screen where the system hangs on the transaction validation:

Shared with CloudApp

I’m not getting any confirmation notifications on my Coinbase Wallet app, and the system is stuck.

In summary, I’m looking for some help understanding:

a: Did I miss something with the transaction I posted above? Is there any hope of getting those 849 $COMP back? Was I hacked or did I screw something up?
b: Why is disabling your coins as collateral so difficult? Is there something I’m missing there? It seems like a major issue as far as the long term stability and growth opportunities for $COMP.

Thanks for reading and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you close debt position before disabling collateral? Put your wallet public key

I don’t understand the question.

you should withdraw your cComp to $Comp first on compound website before swaping for eth. There no liquidity on uniswap cComp and you just got ripped… see this mev bot profit swap from 0.000000005393081198 eth worth $0.00 to $6k. Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan

1 Like